The Carol Stream Fire Protection District (CSFPD) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
The Carol Stream Fire Protection District collects data as part of our normal operations to provide you the best experience with our website. We collect information including but not limited to:
- Data directly provided by you, such as when you contact us using our “Contact Us” form.
- Data generated by the website, recording how you interact with our site by, for example, using technologies like cookies.
- Data regarding materials that you have downloaded from our website (i.e. white papers, fact sheets, tip sheets, checklists, etc.) and other materials that may be of interest to you based in part on your profile preference settings;
- Your internet connection, your location, the equipment you use to access our Web Properties, and usage details.
The CSFPD uses the data collected to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Our website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other sites. We encourage users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of other sites that collect personally identifiable information.
Paramedic and Other Emergency Services
The Carol Stream Fire Protect District collects data about you, your health status, and the health care services you receive from the District. We collect information including but not limited to:
- contact information such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number;
- personal information as it relates to emergency services provided by CSFPD, including but not limited to verbal and written information that we obtain about you and use pertaining to your medical condition and treatment provided to you by us and other medical personnel (including doctors and nurses who give orders to allow us to provide treatment to you.
- Insurance-related information
We may use health information about you to provide you with medical treatment or services. Much of this information is protected by HIPPA. However, we may disclose health information about you to doctors, nurses, technicians, office staff or other personnel who are involved in taking care of you and your health. For example, this includes such things as verbal and written information that we obtain about you and use pertaining to your medical condition and treatment provided to you by us and other medical personnel (including doctors and nurses who give orders to allow us to provide treatment to you). It also includes information we give to other health care personnel to whom we transfer your care and treatment, and includes transfer of personnel health information via radio or telephone to the hospital or dispatch center as well as providing the hospital with a copy of the written record we create in the course of providing you with treatment and transport. Different personnel in our office may share information about you and disclose information to people who do not work in our office in order to coordinate your care.
We may use information about you so that the treatment and services you receive may be billed to and payment may be collected from you, an insurance company or a third party.
Information about you may also be used for the District’s internal operations and to make sure that you and our other patients receive quality care. For example, we may use your health information to evaluate the performance of our staff in caring for you. We may also use health information about all or many of our patients to help us decide what additional services we should offer, how we can become more efficient, or whether certain new treatments are effective. However, we exclude as much personally identifying information as possible when assessing this data.
Properties Protected by the Fire District
The Carol Stream Fire Protection District collects data related to its enforcement of fire and life safety ordinances for the Village of Carol Stream and responses to emergencies
The District also collects data regarding construction and remodels within its boundaries as it works in conjunction with the Village of Carol Stream to review fire sprinkler and alarm plans submitted to the Village, as well as information resulting from property inspections.
During the course of this work, the District collects information including but not limited to:
- Contact information such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number for keyholders, property and business owners, property management companies;
- Contact information for residential key boxes;
- Status of and problems with alarm panels and sprinkler systems;
- Permits and plans for new construction and renovations
- Addresses of reported emergencies
- Nature of emergencies reported and/or responded to
- Narratives of emergency personnel who respond to emergencies
- Notifications/communication with building owners, management companies and or keyholders
- Fire investigation results
- Fire, sprinkler and solar panel plans and permits;
- Violation complaints submitted by residents, employees or others;
- Information regarding violations identified by inspectors;
- Invoices resulting from inspection violations and false alarms;
We use this information to track unresolved violations or to report unresolved issues to the Village. This information may be shared with people and/or companies looking to purchase property. Some information is reported to the State of Illinois as required by state ordinances.
In order to run the Carol Stream Fire District’s business office, the District collects data related to typical business operations. We collect information regarding companies and people who conduct business with us, such as vendors, customers who purchase goods and services such key boxes, smoke detectors, CPR and fire extinguisher training, rental spaces, etc. We collect information including but not limited to:
- profile information, which may include contact information, job title, company or organization name or affiliation,
- purchase information, which may include products and services you have purchased, payment method, and payment information;
- bid information
- class rosters
- billing and payment information
- applications for employment
We may use this information when reporting to the Board of Trustees, to keep track of money owed to the District, for historical purposes as required by the IRS, to test and hire new employees.
The Carol Stream Fire District understands the value of personal information and works to protect the personal information we collect from the public. The District does not sell or rent data, including personally identifiable information. We occasionally will share this information with other governmental entities to support the services we provide.
As a governmental entity in the State of Illinois, the Carol Stream Fire District is subject to the Freedom of Information Act. This ensures that the public can find out what information has been collected about them and provide a way to know more about how our government operates. The State of Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) outlines legal requirements that govern requests for government records, and specifies which records are exempt. Details regarding FOIA can be found on the Illinois Attorney General’s website or in the Illinois Compiled Statutes.