Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
The Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) was enacted January 1, 2010, to increase the transparency and accountability of governments. This act provides the public access to public records and public meetings while protecting the legitimate interests of government and the privacy rights of citizens.
Each public agency is required to appoint a FOIA officer. The FOIA officer for the Carol Stream Fire Protection District is Angela Kneisel.
Submitting a FOIA
If you would like to request information under FOIA, you must do so in writing. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to use our form, click here. A FOIA request form is also available in the "Forms" section of our website or by calling 630-668-4836. Requests can be submitted by mail, email, fax or in person. Please give as many details as possible regarding the report you are requesting (date, address, name, incident number,etc.).
- Carol Stream Fire Protection District
- 365 Kuhn Road
- Carol Stream, IL 60188
- 630-668-4877 (fax)
- email@example.com (email)
Fees for copies of public records are as follows:
- 8 ½ X 11” paper, black and white no charge for the first 50 pages; .15 per page thereafter
- 8 ½ X 11” paper: color actual cost
- 11 X 17” paper or reduction actual cost
- Reduction of fee in the Public interest (waiver must be approved by FOIA officer)
- Certification of record $1.00
- Electronic record actual cost of obtaining the medium for recording the information (e.g. disc, flash drive, etc.)